NEW SAFEPARKS/PARKSEC BOARD SIGNS
Thank you to those residents who provided details for new signs to be put up. Your details has been forwarded to CORTAC and they will contact you directly to arrange for the Parksec/Safeparks board to be put up from next week 28 August 2017. If you have not emailed me already for a board, please email your full name, address and contact number to email@example.com
The following includes crimes reported to us over the period
*DISCLAIMER: Whilst every effort is made to report on all crimes and their accurancy for the given time period, we advise that not all crimes are reported timeously or correctly. Should you be aware of any criminal incident not reported in our Newsletter, kindly email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will verify and ensure it is reported in our next Newsletter.
- All vehicle theft incidents reported above entails vehicles parked on the streets and the vehicles stolen were VW Polos, Toyota Yaris and a Toyota Corolla.
- All other crime incidents were reported directly to SAPS Parkview and thus further information is not available.
-All vehicle theft incidents reported above entails vehicles parked on the streets.
– Theft of cellphone occurred on 2nd avenue where a builder on the building site saw a cellphone on the seat of a contractor’s vehicle and took the phone, SAPS made an arrest.
– Murder on 10th avenue involved a domestic worker being stabbed by a family member, reason unknown, CORTAC were first on the scene although it is not a CORTAC client and assisted in arresting the perpetrator who was handed over to SAPS.
-All other crime incidents were reported directly to SAPS Parkview and thus further information is not available.
- Planet Fitness Parking area in Craighall Park on Jan Smuts, for all early gym goers, Attempted Theft of Motor Vehicle and Theft of Motor Vehicle has been reported to SAPS in the last week.
- Residents if you do not have off street parking and your visitors drive a Toyota, VW Polos then please rather park your car outside should it not be one of these makes and let your visitor’s park inside – this will help reduce vehicle theft.
- Please DO NOT park your vehicles by Solly Kramers Parking area (Corner 4th avenue and 6th street) when visiting restaurants – this is a HOTSPOT for vehicle theft.
We are looking for a Street Captain to take over 15th street in Parkhurst. Please email email@example.com should you be interested. It only entails being added to our alert group and you will then need to feed the alerts to the 15th street group.
Please report any suspicious activity by:
Calling CORTAC Control Centre on 0861 267 822 / 0878 030 040
Sending a “Please Call” message to *140*079 502 2750# (domestic workers)
SMS’ing details of the suspicious activity to 079 502 2750
POLICE SECTOR VEHICLE: 071 675 6061 / 6062
RELIEF COMMANDER: 071 675 6065
CORTAC: 0861 267 822
Victim Support Unit HOTLINE: 073 280 4453
If it doesn’t look right, call it in ..
If you would like to find out more about the Parksec/ SafeParks security initiative, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For queries, suggestions or complaints please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep safe and be aware!
The Parksec & SafeParks Committee